Clynk Bottle Redemption Program
KCDC participates in the CLYNK/Hannaford bottle redemption program, which works like this:
- You put your returnable bottles and cans into a special green bag.
- The bag has a bar-coded label that identifies it as a KCDC bag.
- You drop the bag off at a nearby Hannaford store.
- Ka-ching! KCDC gets the redemption value (minus CLYNK/Hannaford's small fee).
There is no more convenient way to deal with your returnables.
There is no easier way to make a regular contribution to KCDC's coffers.
- Where do I get the bags?
Carolyn Foster is the Chef d'Affaires, pro-tem. She usually has bags at our monthly meetings, and has cached pre-labeled bags with the following folks. Please patronize our business friends and ask at the checkout counter for our CLYNK bags. Our residential stockers ask that you please call ahead:
- Camden: Amy Fischer (236-0616).
- Camden: Barbara Melchiskey (236-9665), Will deliver! (Camden local)
- Cushing: Diane Smith (354-8748).
- Friendship: Bill Michaud (975-0205 or 832-5197).
- Hope: Adrian Humphreys, 18 Sexton Ave (763-4691).
- Rockland: Jonathan Frost Gallery and Frame Shop, 279 Main Street, next to the Park Street Grill (harbor side) on the corner of Park Street and Main
- South Thomaston: Sally Merchant, 9 Merchant's Landing Rd (594-7459)
- Thomaston: Carmen Lavertu, 43 Beechwood St (354-9556)
- More to come...
- Where do I drop them off?
At an area Hannaford store in:
Sorry, the Waldoboro store doesn't support a CLYNK drop-off yet.
- What if I can't get the bag to scan at the drop-off?
No sweat. CLYNK will scan the bag again anyway.
- How much money can we earn?
|One bag every 2 weeks ||26/yr
|Average bag value ||$3.50/bag
Then our gross per year would be about: $1,820.
(Our net would result from subtracting the cost of each bag (about 15¢), and the small quarterly processing fee.)
- Is this a tax-deductible donation?
- Will I feel good about this?
last modified: 07.26.2016