from May/June 2012
Previous month's news
- Our June meeting is Tuesday, the 12th, at Stella Maris House in Rockland. Potluck at 6:00 p.m., Business at 7:00; Panel discussion at 8:30 featuring our State Legislators. The agenda is here. Planning discussions include summer fund-raisers, parades, and fall headquarters operations.
The emailed meeting notice includes a message from the chair; find it here also.
- The Maine Democratic Party Convention is June 1 - 3. Lots of information on the MDP website. If you're not a delegate, you may still attend as a guest (but not vote).
- Our Candidates page has been updated.
Our HR District 44 candidate, Lloyd Chase, has a new bio page here. Other candidates are encouraged to submit updated information.
- Our last meeting was May 8th, at Stella Maris House in Rockland. The agenda is here.
- The Meet, Greet & Eat event in Camden was a huge success. A capacity crowd enjoyed the beautiful hall, the tasty and abundant food and the company of many energized Democrats and their engaged candidates. And we made money to help win in November. Thanks to Ann Bex and the Camden Town Committee and everyone who helped make this a success.
- Rep. Chuck Kruger spoke with a heavy heart about the state budget being forced by majority vote, leaving Dems out of the debate.
- Sam Spencer spoke passionately about re-electing President Obama, and encouraged us to herald his first-term achievements.
- Mike Duffy, Clynk Program chair, has the bags and tags. Call him at 372-6931 to participate in this easy way to donate your returnable bottles to the KCDC treasury.
- Mike Mayo has offered his road frontage on Main Street in Thomaston for yard sales. We are looking for leaders/coordinators, item donations and volunteers for same. Contact Mike (354-8781) or Bruce (372-6535) to sign up.
- Lucie Bauer reminded us that Saturday, May 19th, is a Day of Action for the Mainers United for Marriage campaign; 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. David Scriven Crowley Gallery, 409 Main Street, Rockland (Rockland, ME).
- The business meeting adjourned early to deal with Convention delegate elections and training.